How to recover deleted photos from LG G6
By Vito Johnson
Photos, videos and other types of files deleted from a LG G6 are not wiped off the face of the earth, depending on where they were stored previously, there might be many ways to bring these deleted files back.In this article:
- You don’t need to recover anything if you’ve been using the Photos app instead of the default gallery app
- Deleted photos were previously stored on the SD card, they can be easily recovered
- Recover deleted photos from the internal memory – a delicate matter indeed
Google’s highly automated, borderline privacy infringing media management app – Photos can become useful when you’ve accidentally hit the wrong button and send your precious photos to limbo. If you react in time, you can simply tap the undo button immediately to reverse the delete action, the photos will be put back to where they were. if undo is no longer an option, go to trash, find and tap on the mistakenly deleted photos and tap restore. The wildest thing about Photos is its auto back up feature, it’s turned on by default, which means photos produced by the phone camera are automatically send to the Google drive, even if the local copy is deleted, the cloud version is up there and can be synced back with ease.
If you’ve been consistently using the photos app, you don’t have a file recovery issue, your photos are not actually deleted.
Part II: How to recovery deleted photos from Samsung Galaxy S8
If a backup has not been made before the deletion, the deleted files can still be recovered with relative ease with file recovery software, here’s the step by step guide:
Performing file recovery on the SD card requires a computer, the operating system can be either Mac or Windows.
- Take the SD card out from the phone and insert it to your computer with a SD card reader/adapter.
- 2. Download the file recovery application of your choice, Photorec, for instance, is an excellent choice, it’s free, capable of recovering an exhaustive list of types of files, while being gentle in the scanning and recovering process that doesn’t put additional strains on the established file system. The only shortcoming of Photorec is its lack of a graphical user interface, the application is born from Linux so the user interface is not exactly friendly to folks who are used to clicking on buttons. If you want an easy to use alternative to Photorec, stellar phoenix photo recovery is the choice.
- Start the file recovery application, upon opening, the app will pick up the attached the SD card and ask the permission to run a scan, proceed.
- Once the file recovery finished installation, start the program. Click the “recover photos and videos” button.
- Click "recover photo, audio and video", the software automatically detects the card and ask to scan the USB mass storage device, proceed.
- Identify and select the drive letter that represents the attached SD card and click “scan”.
- The scanning process can take a lengthy period if the card’s packed with contents. During the scanning, the app sorts out all the files it deems recoverable and categorize the results by file types and extensions, the files can be previewed on the right pane.
- After the scanning is completed, recover and save all the files to your computer’s hard drive.
Hopefully at this point your files have already been successfully recovered either through the cloud backup or a file recovery procedure. If not, your files were probably stored on the internal memory before its deletion, and it’s tricky.
Unlike the relatively unguarded SD card, Google maintains a rather strict security policy on who gets access to the internal memory of the phone, third party, computer based software like stellar or Photorec doesn’t have the administrative right to assess and operate on the internal memory, that’s the reason why the phone memory doesn’t show up at the step when you’re asked to select a drive to scan. If this is your case, try DR fone for android, the application claims it can recover deleted files from the internal memory of an android device, however, it’s been tested and the result is mixed.