How to recover deleted photos from windows phone 8
The transition to windows phone 8 also brings another perk for folks who accidentally delete photos or media files from their phone – the mass storage mode is now available. When you turn on the usb mass storage mode on phones like Samsung ativ s or Nokia lumia phone, it makes the phone a mass storage device like usb flash drive or a camera card. Besides you can now transfer files and medias to windows phone 8 devices via a usb cable without going through zune pass, what matters for heart-broken, photo/video loss folks is that it makes it possible for photo recovery software to recognize and scan the windows phone like a flash drive or hard disk drive. That, recovers your deleted photos and videos with ease
Note: use the photo recovery software if you are sure that you don't have a backup of the media files. Most windows phone 8 devices use zune for media files management, music, videos as well as photos. If you installed zune software and set it to auto sync, it will update the file and backup the media files every time you connect the phone with the authorized computer. You should be able to check up the update in Zune > Settings > Phone > Update > Restore. If the restore option is not available, it means that you haven't updated the phone therefore there's no backup. In this circumstance the photo recovery software is up for the rescue the deleted photos and videos from windows phone 8.
A note, some OEMs may make software tweak that hinders the photo recovery software or other third party application from recognizing the device, in that case, pull out the micro sd card and plug it in a usb card reader, then connect it with pc or mac, the photo recovery software will have no problem to recognize and recover photos from it.
1. Download photos recovery software for windows phone 8
2. Generally, access the storage card via a usb card reader is a safer bet, but just connect your phone with computer via usb will also do, most of the time
3. Launch windows phone 8 photo recovery, click “scan”
4. Select drive, then click “advanced scan” and choose the photo, audio and video file format
5. The scanning process may cost a little times if the media library is large, when scanning is over, all the recoverable deleted files will be listed in the preview window, the omitted ones are files being overwritten by new files taken after the deletion, thus beyond retrieval. If you haven’t take any photo or video before the photo recovery process, all deleted files should be able to be recovered
6. Start to recover deleted photos from windows phone 8