How to recover deleted photos from LG V30
LG has made a name for its V series by stuffing the phone with marvelous multimedia recording and editing features. If some of your wonderfully made videos got accidentally deleted, don’t worry, they can be easily brought back with proper file recovery software.
However, before the heavy lifting begins, let’s find out if we can find a cloud copy if your lost files – the Photos app is the official media management app on android, it has the system administrative right to automatically back up your device even without you giving consent. If your photos were deleted from the default gallery app, you might be able to find the backup version of the deleted photos and sync them back from Google drive to your device.
If you’re not able to find a backup, what follows are the step by step guide to recover deleted files from LG V30.Part I: Why deleted photos can be recovered
The purpose of a delete action is to free up space for storing new files, not to destroy the old. Once a delete command’s issued to a file or a group of files, the operating system’s instructed to mark the area where these targeted files occupy on the memory card as blank, it doesn’t exert itself to do anything beyond. So the actual data of the deleted files are left alone, lingering in a recoverable state for a period of time, until their spaces are allocated to new videos or photos captured afterwards, then they will be overwritten, damaged beyond repair.Part II: the walk through
- Download a photo recovery program of your preference, Recuva, Photorec, stellar phoenix photo recovery… to name a few. All programs are for computers, so you will need either or Windows machine or Mac to proceed.
- Take out the SD card from your V30 and insert it to the SD card slot on your computer via a microSD to SD card reader/adapter if necessary.
- Launch the file recovery application, choose the drive letter that represents the attached storage and proceed to scan.
- The scanning process will likely be lengthy if your V30’s been through some use. The app will find and list all recoverable files, regardless if they their deletion were intentional or not. At the end of the scanning, you will be greeted with a massive bunch of jumbled files. To sort all these files, it’s recommended to just save all the files to the hard drive, it will be more efficient to use the built-in filters of Windows file explorer or Mac’s finder to find the wanted files.
Set up a schedule to back up your phone’s data with LG Backup & Restore
- On your phone, tap setting > General tab > Backup & reset > Backup & restore
- Select Back and tap the menu icon
- Select Auto-backup and slide to ON
- Select backup location and items to backup.
You should also enable to Photos app to auto backup your images and videos to the Google drive.
- Open the Google Photos app on your LG V30.
- At the top left, tap on the menu icon.
- Select Settings > Back up & Sync.
- At the top, switch it on.
If your file loss problem can’t be solved with the solutions proposed in this article (or lack thereof), or having trouble with using the software Photorec or Stellar Phoenix, feel free to post your question in the comment area, I will try answer each exemplary questions and feature them on the top.comments powered by Disqus