How to recover deleted photos from Huawei cellphone
By Vito Johnson
Huawei's been good at churning out powerful devices with a modest price tag. If you accidentally or unintentionally deleted photos from your Huawei, phones or tablets, don't worry, chances are good that they can be brought back.
Three possible scenarios could happen after the photos were deleted:
A: an online/local backup - Goolge Photos App
Even if the idea of backing up everything has never dawned on you, you files may just be cozied up on some tech giant's cloud storage server even without your noticing. We live in an age that we have to fight for the right to be forgotten, the photos and videos you captured with your phone camera, are something that tech companies crave, and they can go pretty predatory/sneaky in binding you into their service.
The prime places to look at is the Google's Photos app, once the phone's activated, the auto backup feature is turned on by default, unless you actively turn off the feature, the Photos app constantly index your photos and send them to a google server. Go to the Photos app, then tap the menu icon, at the bottom, touch trash. Touch and hold the files you want to recover and touch the restore icon to sync the photos back to your phone.
The Hisuite software is Huawei's version of iTunes, whenever you connected your Huawei device with a computer that has Hisuite installed, it will automatically back up important data like photos, contacts, messages… you can easily connect your phone with computer and sync back the deleted files.
B: Deleted photos can be recovered if they were stored in the SD card
If you've done looking everywhere but failed to locate a backup, and you're positive that the deleted photos were previously stored on the SD card, this is the solution.
Most of Huawei phone and tablet models support SD card expandable memory storage, which utilizes a file system that makes it possible to recover deleted files off the memory. If you have a SD card installed on your device, it should be the default place for storing media files, the place where your precious photos were deleted from.
To recover deleted photos from a SD card:
- Take out the micro SD card from your phone and insert it into the computer, you will need a micro SD card adapter or USB card reader to connect the card with computer.
- Download photo recovery software, the application is a computer based software, so if you're reading this on your Huawei, you need to find a computer to proceed. It can be a windows pc or a Mac. Download For Windows Download For Mac
- Install and start photo recovery, if the memory card is properly mounted, the software will detect the card and ask the permission to run a scan, make sure it's the card, not your hard drive we're probing into, click scan.
- The scanning will probably take time if the card has been heavily utilized, while scanning, the program index and categorize the recoverable files by types and file extensions, photos and videos can be previewed in the built in media player. Some of the images may appear grey or partially damaged, they're corrupt files that subject to overwritten.
- Recover all the files. You don't have to sort out the files within the photo recovery program, windows file explorer or the Mac finder app are much more efficient at locating the files you actually want.
C: the deleted photos were stored in the phone memory, they can't be recovered.
If the photos were deleted from the internal memory, they're gone.
The phone/internal memory is the place where the system files are stored, thus restricted. Third party computer based software like the photo recovery doesn't have access to the internal memory, so it's impossible to recover deleted photos from any android phone's internal memory.
Hopefully at this point you have already been reunited with your photos, if not, don't be so gloomy, life is brilliant and it's yours to live, to archive.
Frequently asked questions
So if don't have any backup and didn't use a SD card on my phone, my photos can't be recovered?
Unless your phone were purchased before 2012, its OS version is android ginger bread or before, when the USB mass storage mode is still alive and the internal memory can be mounted as a removable media device for the photo recovery software to scan. Since android ice cream sandwich, USB mass storage mode is removed, then yes, this case will applies to the scenario C, when the deleted photos were stored on the internal/phone/built-in/on-board memory, the photos can't be recovered, they're gone.comments powered by Disqus