How to recover deleted photos from Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Several reasons that causes file loss on a Samsung Galaxy Note 3
- Photos mistankenly deleted, while viewing vacation photos on the Galaxy Note, instead of "share", you hit the little trash can, boom, all photos gone.
- File disappeared mysteriously during transfer, then they can neither be found in the phone nor the computer.
- Factory resetting.
Recover deleted files from android 4.0 phones like the Galaxy note 3 could be problematic if the files are stored in internal memory, luckily, Galaxy Note 3, stores photos and other media files on the expandable SD card storage by default. Which, is more of a friendly type when it comes to deleted file recovery. When files deleted or wiped after a formation from the card, they are not destroyed, it's the pointer to these files being removed from the file system log, the actual files remain. With photo recovery software, the galaxy note 3 produced photos, videos, including the pictures and files saved from the internet, from apps like twitter, facebook, 9gag can be undelete with just a few clicks of mice.
How to recover deleted photos from Samsung Galaxy Note
- Download photo recovery software, the app supports to recover various types of photos, audios and videos. In this case, Galaxy Note camera produce image files in jpeg file format, and videos in mp4 file format, which are well within the software's capability.
- Now, take out the micro SD card from the phone, you will need a MicroSD card adapter to connect the card with computer, the adapter should be bundled within the package when you bought the card. If you are on a desktop pc which doesn't have a SD card slot, find a USB Micro SD card reader. Stick the micro SD card in the adapter/reader and connect it with computer.
- Launch the photo recovery software, click "recover photos, audio and video", then choose the removable media that represents the sd card for scanning, the scanning time can be lengthy if the media library is large.
- After scanning, the software will round up all the deleted files, either deleted by mistake or not. Thumbnails, image cache, use the file filter to specify file type and size to facilitate the sorting process. Galaxy Note 3 shots photos in jpg format and videos in mp4 format. but the file types you saved from facebook or 9 gag could vary.
- Recover deleted photos from Galaxy Note 3.
Now the files are recovered, you may want to make a backup copy on your computer, or better yet, upload the files to your cloud storage via Wi-Fi.
Frequently asked questions
So I just hooked my Galaxy Note with computer, the odd things is, its memory doesn't show up in the drive letter list, what's wrong?
The Galaxy Note 3 has android 4.3 operating system which by default, connect with computer in MPT mode via USB cable, in this case you will have to take out the micro SD card and use a SD card reader/adapter to connect the card with computer.
My photos are stored in the internal memory not SD card, how can I recover deleted photos from internal memory of my Galaxy Note?
For now there's no available solutions to recover deleted photos from device memory of a unrooted Galaxy Note, if the phone is rooted, check out this guide, posted in the xda developer forum in courtesy of bicecream
The basic idea is to convert and output the entire memory of the phone to a virtual hard drive, then the software will be able to work on it. The solution is complicated, thus not recommended to non-geek folk.